Please fill out the form below and a member of our staff will be in contact within two business days.
Please take a look at our criteria for accepting beds that are best for sharing with kids and families:
Sleepyhead Beds can accept the following:
Gently used twin, twin XL, full, full XL and queen size mattresses and box springs.
We can also accept crib mattresses and pack & plays (as long as the pack & plays are verified to contain all the pieces).
Bedding: sheet sets, blankets, pillowcases and new pillows.
Sleepyhead Beds cannot accept the following:
Any king size mattresses, Sleep Number products, water beds, futons, sofa/couch beds, day beds, mattress toppers, bed frames, headboards, rails, motorized/adjustable beds, any other furniture, or any mattress and/or box spring with stains, mold, large rips, holes burns or odors.
We can accept most bedding but not sleeping bags or used pillows. (frequently asked questions).
IMPORTANT: If you have any questions regarding the suitability of your donation, please take a picture of it and send email to email@example.com. We can determine if your donation is suited for our purposes. There is currently no local option for recycling. Therefore, we only pick up beds that will be given to the children and families we serve. It is not our desire to ever leave or refuse an item. However, if we travel to your location and regrettably have to reject your donation, there will unfortunately be no refund of the $40.00 paid at time of donation signup.
*Overland Park residents west of Antioch – the city will cover your costs through December 15.*
Please fill out the form below completely so that we can get your request started properly.
What will happen:
- We will contact you to schedule a pick up day and time.
- The Pickup Fee is $40 for an entire pickup, to help fund program staff and materials.
- Overland Park residents west of Antioch – the city will cover your costs through December 15.
- If you are inside the 435 Loop in Kansas City or in Johnson County we will pick up your mattress within two weeks.
- Locations outside the 435 Loop especially those located east of 435, may take longer to be picked up.
- We do not currently accept King Size Sets, bed frames, futons, or other furniture
- Your bed will help a child have a place to sleep within one month of pickup.
Thank you for your support!
Sleepyhead Beds Staff
PLEASE NOTE – You will receive an automatic email after signing up. Please keep a look out for it; the email may end up in your junk or promo folder. Thanks!